[linux-audio-user] Wine midi...

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Fri Oct 1 14:23:51 EDT 2004

Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Has NE1 had any experience setting up Wine midi? I mean, more than seeing that
> "midimapper.drv" is uncommented in the config file?
>
> Thanks

I unmapped it a long time ago and it didn't work.

That said a week ago I had very good luck building wine-20040505 and
jack_fst, and then ran NI's Battery as a VST. I drove it using
Rosegarden so obviously MIDI was somehow getting through and working.

It wasn't until later that I realized I actually never configured Wine
at all to make that happen. I never entered any .wine directories or
changed a single entry in it's config files. It just worked in spite of
me... ;-)

Cheers,
Mark