[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] [Fwd: Re: Linux audio latency]

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Oct 2 18:13:15 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 17:49, John Hedditch wrote:
> As you can see, the actual kernel latencies are pretty low, but I still get
> big xruns - for example just starting hydrogen gives me 3 xruns ( 1.026, 0.188, and 4.895 msec respectively ).
>
> Also, Hydrogen seems to crash if I run with
> jackd -R -p512 -t200 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r96000 -p64 -n2 -M

Now that might be a hydrogen bug.  On my system it sounds OK at 32
frames and 128 frames, but crackles terribly (no xruns though) at 64.
In any case it crashes within a minute.

Also, there is a known issue where starting a new jack client causes
xruns.  I don't remember what the status is.

My theory is that the VP patches are exposing bugs in other apps.

Lee