[linux-audio-user] xruns - FC2/Planet(custom) vs. Gentoo(custom)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 18:35:09 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:47:38 +0100, Dave <eseol at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> I nearly got it right nptl but you might want to have a look at
> http://jackit.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php and how do i configure linux 2.6
>
> Good luck anyway
> Dave

Yes, I've seen this. The second part might certainly be part of this,
however the first part isn't (yet) since under Gentoo I cannot even
get it to work as root, whereas on FC2/Planet box it works as root
without the realtime realtime-lsm stuff, and with realtime-lsm it
works for both root and user.

However, it;s a very valid point that Fernando probably did all of
this for Planet users whereas I haven't done it all on my Gentoo
install. Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers,
Mark