[linux-audio-user] xruns - FC2/Planet(custom) vs. Gentoo(custom)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 18:54:00 EDT 2004

<SNIP>
> Yep.
>
> If you've allready checked the threading library versions (someone
> allready metioned that) I would look at filesystems and mount options.
>
> X drivers are a possbilitlity, but most of the other drivers should be the
> same as youre running the same kernel, so it reduces the number of
> variables a lot.
>
> - Steve

SO I guess it could also be a problem of some sort with the Gentoo
ebuilds for Jack or Jack apps. Another possibility I almost called
attention to earlier is this little bit of text when Jack starts up:
(It was in the initial email)

<SNIP>
08:10:43.247 /usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p64 -n2
08:10:43.252 JACK was started with PID=14453 (0x3875).
cannot write to jackstart sync pipe 4 (Bad file descriptor)
jackd: wait for startup process exit failed
jackd 0.98.1
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
<SNIP>

What is a 'jackstart sync pipe 4'? Could this error be part of the
problem? I have to boot back to FC2 to see if it's there, but from
memory I thought maybe it wasn't...

- Mark