[linux-audio-user] linux-2.6.9-rc3-mm1-s8 patch make error

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Oct 4 00:45:02 EDT 2004

> > When I make I get:
> >   CC      kernel/irq/autoprobe.o
> > In file included from kernel/irq/autoprobe.c:9:
>
> You need to start with 2.6.8, not 2.6.8.1.  There were probably some
> rejects.

Indeed I did start with 2.6.8.1 but I think I only had two rejects and one was just setting the minor/extra version in the make file. Im not sure of the other one, it flew by too fast.

So I started with 2.6.8 this time but die at the same point. I then upgraded from gcc-3.4.1-2 to gcc-3.4.1-10 (the newest rpm I could find) but it dowent help any.

I looked at the code and there is no obvious syntax problem. There may be a problem with
struct task_struct *thread;
but I couldnt tell you what it is, though Ive never seen a one line struct with no curly brackets...

Thanks for the help!
-thewade