[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] [Fwd: Re: Linux audio latency]

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 22:09:09 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 17:25, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:43:01 -0400
> Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
>
> > Would it be possible to add a debugging feature that would trap any
> > use of a sleeping function by any SCHED_FIFO process, similar to the
> > way CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP works in the kernel?
> >

> this sounds like a great idea. i'm absolutely clueless though about how
> one would go about implementing that.
>
> flo

I'd be happy to test it if there was something for me to look at. I'm
seeing some very strange Jack xrun results:

1) With no clients hooked up oover time I still get xruns

2) When alsaplayer is playing CDs I seem to get xruns between tracks.
Not always, but often.

3) Most bizarre, I seem to get more xruns when I run jack in multi-aterm
than when I run it in xterm. Go figure...

Cheers,
Mark