[linux-audio-user] ncurses-based MIDI step sequencer a la muse (matrix mode)?

Jan Weil jan.weil at web.de
Tue Oct 5 12:57:04 EDT 2004

On Tue Oct  5 09:07:19 2004 Mark Wilson wrote:
> Is there any ncurses based MIDI editor/sequencer which
> might feature at least a piano-roll type editing
> environment?  Tired of muse crashing on me, and
> Rosegarden is a lot to load into my limited 128MB
> RAM... ;-)

That's something I've been looking for for quite a while.
The best I could find is tektrakker <http://div8.net/ttrk/>.

The site currently seems to be down, Google cache:
<http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:PpivevB4X2YJ:div8.net/ttrk/+ttrk&hl=en>

As its name implies tektrakker's interface is modeled after a tracker
software which is at least somehow similar to a piano-roll.
Also the console output is handled by the s-lang library instead of
ncurses.

If you want to give it a try I put the latest tarball online
(temporarily): <http://www.jawebada.de/dl/ttrk-0.7.0.tar.gz>

--
Jan Weil
http://linuxaudioblog.jawebada.de