[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] What is a 'delay exceeds' vs. and xrun - BIG MISSES - AND SOLUTIONS!

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu Oct 7 10:38:53 EDT 2004

tim hall wrote:
> Last Wednesday 06 October 2004 20:01, Mark Knecht was like:
>
>> as I move to lower latencies I find that
>>alsaplayer deterministically creates xruns at the transistion between
>>every song on a CD.
>

> Even if the CD is recorded DAO?
> gnome-cd should be ok.
>
> cheers
>
> tim hall

Is gnome-cd a Jack app? If so I'll look into building it.

As a follow up to gettting xruns, I'm now running Native Instruments
Battery under jack_fst & wine-20040505. It's been running for 2 hours
with no xruns.

Most interesting, and applicable to another thread, Battery/jack_ft seem
to be able to attach reliably to JAck without creating any xruns even at
very low latencies like -p32.

- Mark