[linux-audio-user] stereo to 2 devices with asoundrc ?

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Thu Oct 7 20:07:16 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have a task here that should be simple, but I could not guess the
right .asoundrc configuration for it.

I need to have a usual stereo pcm (no multichannel stuff) to which
programs can output stereo sound. The sound should then get copied to
two stereo devices (hw:0,0 and hw:0,4 , the analog and spdif outputs).

The net is full of examples of virtual multicnannel cards, but not of
this simple task. I tried to do something by expanding on existing
examples, but this has failed. Please help...

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik