[linux-audio-user] Simple ALSA recording?

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Oct 10 05:17:29 EDT 2004

Hello,

I sometimes do simple stereo recording.

When I used OSS, I used Audacity to monitor the input levels (and tune
them via the mixer), and then brec to record audio.

But now I want to use ALSA. Which program can I use to monitor input
levels, and which (possibly different) program can I use for simple,
buffered, preferrably command-line recording?

Ardour would probably be overkill. I'm not doing multitrack stuff or
anything. And I really don't want to spend the time to set up JACK,
especially since latency is not an issue at all.

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik