[linux-audio-user] Simple ALSA recording?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Oct 10 06:36:18 EDT 2004

Hallo,
Lazzaro N. Ciccolella hat gesagt: // Lazzaro N. Ciccolella wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 01:17:29PM +0400, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> > But now I want to use ALSA. Which program can I use to monitor input
> > levels,
>
> alsamixer

Alsamixer (AFAIK) doesn't do visual monitoring. ecasignalview does,
and in combination with alsamixer is a cute command line solution for
leveling.

> > and which (possibly different) program can I use for simple,
> > buffered, preferrably command-line recording?
>
> arecord

Personally I find arecord a bit too simplistic. I would highly
recommend getting a least a bit familiar with ecasound. I use it for
all my recordings, except those done with Pd.

Ciao