[linux-audio-user] Turning GTK+ Themes off in suse 9.1?

Dan Mills dmills at spamblock.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 20:56:52 EDT 2004

Hi All,
Does anyone know how to switch GTK themes off in Suse 9.1. It seems to be
picking them up from QT for some bizarre reason.

This is annoying as I am using progress bars to implement level meters and it
does NOT work well when GTK decides to render the things using expensive
alpha blended pixmaps.....

My pet louderbox project has gotten horribly expensive on this platform and I
suspect that this is part of the reason. It normally ties up around 50% of a
P4 2.8 but on this newly configured box it is sitting at about 90% - me
confused.

Thanks for any hints.

Regards, Dan.