[linux-audio-user] MIDI In on SB Live! Value

Nathan Callahan ncalla at netspace.net.au
Mon Oct 11 09:01:46 EDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:37 pm, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Monday 11 October 2004 12:49, Nathan Callahan wrote:
> > Anyone got any clues as to why I don't seem to be able to get any MIDI
> > messages from the MIDI/gameport on my SB Live! Value?

> You are sure you have the right adapter-cable? There are two or three
> "standards" spooking around in the world.
> Mine works perfectly... :-) Just a plain SBLive! connected with my
> (master-)keyboard and a synth.

Unfortunately, yes I'm sure.  It works under that other OS fine.  I just don't
boot into that one terribly often anymore. Perhaps a look at your config
would help... I'm basically using a slightly hacked up version of the default
setup from Mandrake 10.0.

This might be a red herring (probably is, I really have no idea what I'm doing
when it comes to midi and Alsa), but I just noticed
that /proc/asound/seq/drivers looks a little like this...

snd-emu10k1-synth,empty,1
snd-seq-midi,empty,2

Should there be something in there?