[linux-audio-user] Demudi looking good, soundcard advice?

Free Ekanayaka free78 at tin.it
Fri Oct 15 03:14:28 EDT 2004

|--==> Alejandro Lopez writes:

  AL> -My PC won't boot from CD-ROM. By browsing the directory structure, I kind
  AL> of guessed I had at least a couple of choices for DOS: booting from a
  AL> rawrite2'd floppy or run loadlin. Fair enough, there's a vmlinuz file there
  AL> as well as several .bin floppy images. But: loadlin is not included in the
  AL> CD image, not it is rawrite2. Not a big deal for me as I had several other
  AL> distros handy but not elegant either. In the same directory where these
  AL> images reside, there's a little text file which lists loadlin and rawrite2:
  AL> should read "loadlin", reads "lodlin" (in case anyone would like report this
  AL> for future versions).

Please try the final 1.2.0, all the tools you mention are there.

  AL> -I was not able to select English language with a Spanish keyboard layout
  AL> (I'm Spanish). You are supposed to select both in one go, the 2 different
  AL> options in the menu (that you can see if you select back somewhere in the
  AL> middle of the process) seem to be related and didn't work as such distinct
  AL> options for me.

This is related with the new Debian installer  mechanism, AFAIR if you
press the  back button  you'll  be prompted  language and  keyboard in
different screens. I'll try to address the problem for the next 1.2.1

  AL> -At one point, I went back and selected Spanish (for everything, that is),
  AL> next step was repartitioning my hard disk which is inherently a dangerous
  AL> operation. The translation of the partitioning software to Spanish was so
  AL> poor (wrong actually) that I was scared to repartition in Spanish. Went back
  AL> to English so I could understand what the software would do with my hard
  AL> disk but now my keyboard layout doesn't match. I'm planning installing to a
  AL> different machine I imported from Germany, so I'll have the same layout
  AL> problem (I'd rather not choose German language to repartition my disk in
  AL> order to have the keyboard properly installed).

Translations for the Debian  installer are  still in progress.  Please
please please  send  any suggestion  to  debian-boot at lists.debian.org,
such contribution is very appreciated.

cheers,

free