[linux-audio-user] newbie to linux sound

Luke (Terry) Vanderfluit luke at chipcity.com.au
Sun Oct 17 02:07:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've compiled and installed all the alsa packages (driver, lib, utils)
successfully.
Now, when I try to do:
'modprobe snd-cs46xx; modprobe snd-pcm-oss; modprobe snd-mixer-oss;
modprobe snd-seq-oss'

I get the error:
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8/kernel/sound/pci/cs46xx/snd-cs46xx.o: init_module:
No such device

I've added the following to /etc/modules.conf

# ALSA portion
        alias char-major-116 snd
        alias snd-card-0 snd-cs46xx
# module options should go here