[linux-audio-user] newbie to linux sound

Luke (Terry) Vanderfluit luke at chipcity.com.au
Sun Oct 17 16:09:16 EDT 2004

Hi Stephen,

> Just a quick question....  Did you compile your kernel with the CS46XX as
> a module?  This may be a kernel issue rather than a sound issue.
> Stephen.

When I installed the card and booted my machine, yesterday, the OS found
a driver 'cs46xx', so it was already there (whether in the kernel or as
a module, I don't know).
Then after that I compiled all the alsa stuff (drivers, lib, utils) and
tried to load modules.
Sorry about my lack of knowledge about the kernel.

How do I find out how cs46xx was compiled?

Luke