[linux-audio-user] RE: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 13, Issue 45

Alejandro Lopez alex_osiris at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 04:16:20 EDT 2004

Hi Free,

Thank you for your comments.

>Please try the final 1.2.0, all the tools you mention are there.

I'm glad to hear that. As I said, I had no problem after all since I had
rawrite2 somewhere anyway, but having this corrected makes Demudi neater.

>This is related with the new Debian installer  mechanism, AFAIR if you
>press the  back button  you'll  be prompted  language and  keyboard in
>different screens. I'll try to address the problem for the next 1.2.1

Actually, you can select language and keyboard in different screens by
selecting back just as you describe. Problem is, somehow X will be
configured for US layout keyboard anyway if you select Spanish keyboard and
English language (kind of strange). Since the computer is always run under
X, all I had to do really is to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (not 100% sure
about the path where this file resides) to change the layout from "" to
"es".

>Translations for the Debian  installer are  still in progress.  Please
>please please  send  any suggestion  to  debian-boot at lists.debian.org,
>such contribution is very appreciated.

Thanks for pointing to the relevant forum. The thing here is I was scared to
read the partition manager in Spanish, but I'm not sure that this is part of
the Debian installer? Can you clarify so I can get in touch with the
relevant people? I noticed it's a different tool to what it used to be (some
fancy flavour of fdisk I think), but I don't know wether it is an
application in itself or it is just part of the Debian installer. Whatever
it is, if I could get hold of a list of messages (in English) this software
has, I'd be happy to translate as accurately as possible and provide the
translated list of messages. Especifically, the "finish and write partition
table" reads "abort and write partition table" in the Spanish translation,
not good.

Cheers,

Alex