[linux-audio-user] Jack + Alsa routing?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Tue Oct 19 03:09:14 EDT 2004

Hello.

I'm developing a jack application. The test files are played to
the application with aplay and mpg123.

How do I route the played audio to my application and
then the output to Alsa?

Note that aplay plays to the "wave" control in alsamixer.
Now my application connects to
 alsa_pcm:in_1
 alsa_pcm:in_2
 alsa_pcm:out_1
 alsa_pcm:out_2
and it is the same "wave" control.

Puzzle: To prevent aplay from going to speakers, I have to turn
the "wave" to zero. But then how do I route anything to speakers
if my application outputs to the same "wave"?

You may freely assume the aplay and mpg123 are not changed in
any way.

Juhana