[linux-audio-user] Announcement: ltsb - linux textbased studio

Emiliano Grilli emiliano.grilli at poste.it
Tue Oct 19 08:25:35 EDT 2004

martedì, 19 ottobre 2004 alle 13:42:47, Julien Claassen ha scritto:
> Hi Emiliano!
>   I did try tektrac ker, but it wouldn't work. Installation made no
>   problems, but it simply wouldn't work. It looked interesting, but at
>   the moment I'm much  to deep into other music. But sometimes I'd still
>   like a tool like that.  Thanks for taking a look at my site!

Julien,

maybe the problem is that it uses the old OSS midi interface? I have
snd-virmidi already loaded, and set the symbolic links:

/dev/midi20 -> /dev/snd/midiC2D0
and
/dev/midi -> /dev/midi20

So everything that is sent to /dev/midi is routed to the first virtual MIDI
port provided by snd-virmidi. I can then connect that one to an external
expander or soft synth.

>   Kindest regards
>        Julein

HTH ciao