[linux-audio-user] xrun madness

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Oct 19 16:03:49 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 02:16, R Parker wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> I have no solution for you or me. I run raid5 on an
> ICP vortex GDT8543RZ. No amount of tuning on this Tyan
> Tiger SMP MoBo running 2.4.26-1.ll.rh90.ccrma with a
> single AMD Athlon(tm) MP 2600+ will eliminate xruns.

Ok, let me get this straight.  We have 2 users with different SCSI
adapters, different RAID levels (0 vs 5) running low latency kernels
(both 2.4 and 2.6), and xruns associated with disk writes cannot be
eliminated.  The problem goes away when RAID is removed from the
picture.

This sounds like a problem with the kernel software RAID layer.

Lee