[linux-audio-user] Do I have a synth? :-/

Alejandro Lopez alex_osiris at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 04:07:33 EDT 2004

Good point. The other thing you lose comes from your "but you can mix both
together", which should be completed as "if you have an analog mixing
console"! :-) If you have to add a console to the $24 of the SB, then it
becomes a different thing! :-) Plus I'm trying to save physical space and
build a small studio I can take from place to place (can't record drums in
my flat for instance).

Because of this, I think I'm more inclined to big CPU and digital mixing.
The fact that you can do things such as route soft synth sounds to ladspa
plugins or route different digital audio outputs to the same soundcard
(thanks to Jack) is a kind of dream come true, I think we all tend to assume
these possibilities as natural but they are a kind of miracle
flexibility-wise.

Cheers,

Alex