[linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm module and 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 x86_64: wont boot

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Thu Oct 21 21:00:46 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I had my machine running with 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 and alsa at a 64 sample sized buffer, but pd was having some torubles when I ran both jackd and pd as root. I was told to use the realtime-lsm module, so I went the jack sourceforge page and followed the links, rebuilt and installed a nre kernel that should load the realtime-lsm module so that I could run pd with the setuid bit set, and jackstart to avoid a/d/a sync errors.

Now on boot I get:
kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)

Ive tried setting the root=/dev/hdaX to no avail. What is going wrong?

Im now just trying to retrace my steps on how I got 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 set up on my x64 laptop, because I tried to rebuild the kernel from fresh sources and got the same error. There wsa the slight possibility of source contamination from the previous source tree, so Im trying again...

Also, Ingo\'s VP people.redhat page is empty, where\'d it go?

Thanks for the help!
-thewade