[linux-audio-user] creating audio-only dvds

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sat Oct 23 16:16:49 EDT 2004

Lee Revell wrote:

> Um, if this operation is cumbersome then your GUI app is _horribly_
> broken.  This should be as easy as "File -> Open Append" and select all
> the files.  Even easier than catting them all together.

Maybe you can tell me which app isn't horribly broken, then. I can't see
this "open append" feature in either Rezound or Audacity. Espc Rezound
is clumsy for this, because it has to visually render all the peaks.
Each 50 min chunk warns it will take 4 minutes to load this way!

Since "cat" won't work for files with WAV headers, is there a command
line app to append WAV files to each other? What would the ecasound
syntax be, for example?

>>says yes, however. What other options for seamless playback of almost 6
>>hours of sound do I have?
>

> MP3, Ogg, ...

I stated that I would like it uncompressed.

thanks for your reply,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl