[linux-audio-user] creating audio-only dvds

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sat Oct 23 17:01:31 EDT 2004

Lee Revell wrote on Sat, 23-Oct-2004:

 > On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 22:16 +0200, derek holzer wrote:
 > > Lee Revell wrote:
 > >
 > > > Um, if this operation is cumbersome then your GUI app is _horribly_
 > > > broken.  This should be as easy as "File -> Open Append" and select all
 > > > the files.  Even easier than catting them all together.
 > >
 > > Maybe you can tell me which app isn't horribly broken, then.
 > > I can't see this "open append" feature in either Rezound or Audacity.
 > Is there really no Linux app with this simple feature?

Try wavbreaker, which contains a utility called wavmerge, which
is a command-line app to merge wavs together.  I'm not sure what
the large-file support is like for it, and be careful, because
a standard WAV is length-limited, you might need to use something like
W64 to represent big (>4G ?) sound files.

jlc