[linux-audio-user] sndpeek: real-time 3D FFT + audio visualizatoin

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Oct 25 06:31:32 EDT 2004

Dear All,

We at the Princeton SoundLab have released our light-weight
(stupidly simple yet useful) real-time 3d waveform audio and
FFT waterfall visualization.  GPL.  Plug in a mic, and have some
fun, or run it on a file.

     http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/software/sndpeek/

features:
     - real-time visualization of waveform + waterfall plot
     - supports scaling
     - supports rather ridiculous 3d rotation and transformation
     - centroid, rms, rolloff plot
     - mic input and file input
     - full framerate graphics - need OpenGL/GLUT

There is now a mailing for the vis apps we are releasing.

This has served us well.  It is great for teaching, and also for playing
around - even during live coding performances.  For example, see
http://on-the-fly.cs.princeton.edu/listen/

This is part of a suite of real-time visualization tools that will be
released soon.

We are of course open to comments and complaints.

Best,
Ge!