[linux-audio-user] ALSA and SPDIF for via82xx - alt: choice of SPDIF cards

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Wed Oct 27 14:26:19 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have been trying to get a via82xx on a DFI mobo to output SPDIF. (The
reason: the analog audio on the right side is noisy.)
Anyway, I have had no luck. I brought the SPDIF pins out but I see no
clock when checking with other hardware.

If I could get this working it would mean I won't need to search for
another card. If anyone has experience with getting SPDIF working on a
via82xx I'd appreciate any help. I've visited
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=via8233
and related links but no help so far.

-----
Besides that: Can anyone recommend a card where SPDIF is a breeze to set
up? ;-)
I have a Cardeluxe (which works great in Win2k) and a Delta-66 in other
machines. I haven't revisited the drivers to see if Delta-66 SPDIF
drivers are working yet. However, I don't want to spend too much $$$ on
this new card (It's for mythtv).

Any recommendations for a SPDIF card is much appreciated!

thanks!

brad