[linux-audio-user] Re: commandline info viewer ?

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Oct 28 05:26:43 EDT 2004

Last Thursday 28 October 2004 01:05, Them was like:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Hello Steve,
> >
> > Am 2004-10-26 21:16:21, schrieb Steve Harris:
> >>Also check out sndfile-info from the sndfile package.
> >
> > Oops... Second package not in WOODY. hmmm, need SARGE :-)
>
> Yep, it's in the sndfile-programs package and is inly in testing and
> unstable, as is quelcom (and a lot of the newer audio programs in general).

If audio is a priority, I 'd seriously recommend installing AGNULA/DeMuDi -
It's based on Sarge, but slightly more stable and tuned for multimedia.

 http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/mirrors/agnula/1.2/1.2.0/demudi_1.2.0_i386.iso
 http://ccrma.stanford.edu/mirrors/agnula/agnula-iso/1.2/1.2.0/demudi_1.2.0_i386.iso
 http://download.agnula.org/1.2/1.2.0/demudi_1.2.0_i386.iso

You can easily apt-get any additional testing / unstable packages from there.

cheers

tim hall