[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: commandline info viewer ?

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Fri Oct 29 07:35:40 EDT 2004

Last Thursday 28 October 2004 18:05, Michelle Konzack was like:
> Am 2004-10-28 10:26:43, schrieb tim hall:
> > If audio is a priority, I 'd seriously recommend installing AGNULA/DeMuDi
> > - It's based on Sarge, but slightly more stable and tuned for multimedia.
>
> I need only a commandline program which show me file infos like mp3info
>

> > http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/mirrors/agnula/1.2/1.2.0/demudi_1.2.0_i386.i
> >so
> > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/mirrors/agnula/agnula-iso/1.2/1.2.0/demudi_1.2.
> >0_i386.iso http://download.agnula.org/1.2/1.2.0/demudi_1.2.0_i386.iso
>
> ISO-Images ?
> I have no Burner.

You could simply add the line:
deb http://apt.agnula.org/demudi/ testing main local extra
to your /etc/apt/sources.list in that case - or use one of the mirrors.
If you then
# apt-get install demudi
that will install all the multimedia packages, including low-latency kernel.

> I do not need a NEW Distribution.

It's not a new distribution. It's a custom Debian distro based on Sarge and
tuned for multimedia work. You can simply use the relevant packages on top of
a Sarge install. However, you said you were running Woody. The AGNULA/DeMuDi
installer is probably the easiest way to install a multimedia version of
Sarge, that's why I suggested it.

> I am working for the french military and USE CC-EAL4/5.
> I do not like to recheck more then 200 Debian-Packages...

I don't understand this bit, sorry.

cheers

tim hall