[linux-audio-user] How to automate hdsploader on 2.6 kernel?

ico at fuse.net ico at fuse.net
Sat Oct 30 22:20:21 EDT 2004

Hi all,

In the light of my upcoming presentation at ICMC, I am wondering whether it is possible to somehow automatically start hdsploader as soon as the snd-hdsp cardbus  has been connected?

I tried adding the snd-hdsp executable shellscript to the /etc/hotplug/pci folder but that apparently did absolutely nothing and since there is no suggested syntax for the pci.usermap file (at least not under the mandrake), I have no idea how to make hotplug aware of it.

Furthermore, it seems that hotplug has very little or nothing to do with the  cardbus as nowehere in the hotplug script do I find the syntax for this dmesg output:

PCI: Enabling device 0000:02:00.0 (0080 -> 0082)
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:02:00.0[A] -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 17
Hammerfall-DSP: no Digiface or Multiface connected!
card initialization pending : waiting for firmware

Hence, I've been wondering what do I need to do to automate hdsploader as soon as the cardbus has been connected?

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get!

Best wishes,

Ico