[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: Re: commandline info viewer ?

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Oct 30 23:05:44 EDT 2004

Last Saturday 30 October 2004 13:40, Michelle Konzack was like:
> Am 2004-10-29 12:35:40, schrieb tim hall:
> > It's not a new distribution. It's a custom Debian distro based on Sarge
> > and tuned for multimedia work. You can simply use the relevant packages
> > on top of a Sarge install. However, you said you were running Woody. The
> > AGNULA/DeMuDi installer is probably the easiest way to install a
> > multimedia version of Sarge, that's why I suggested it.
>
> I do not use SARGE because it crash all the time...

AGNULA/DeMuDi-1.2.0 is slightly more stable than Sarge as it's based on a
snapshot.

> I use "DeepSpace" (ds9.3.0.0.tar.gz) from the NASA and it SARGE/SID
> do not like to open a 1 BByte Pic... under WOODY no problem.
>
> Then Blender crashs under SARGE too, my Backport (same source as SID)
> for WOODY not.
>
> There are many things which are not working correctly under SARGE
>
> > > I am working for the french military and USE CC-EAL4/5.
> > > I do not like to recheck more then 200 Debian-Packages...
> >
> > I don't understand this bit, sorry.
>
> I have for security tuned Debian Packages...  If I 'apt-get install
> demudi' maybe my "security" packages are overwriten.
>
> It is realy wired, because the french DGSE use Debian since 3 years
> and there is a TaskForce which Secure Debian-Packages...
>
> Now the french governement give 7 million Euros to "Mandrake Soft"
> too do the job a second time... :-(

Hmm, ok. I understand your security needs are high. Probably the only solution
is to get a non-networked laptop and install DeMuDi-1.2. Probably not the
answer you were looking for. I've not experienced much joy with music beyond
simple playback on any Woody-based system, it's just too old.

Sorry not to be any more help than that.

cheers

tim hall