[linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm module and 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3 x86_64: wont boot

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sun Oct 31 10:12:21 EST 2004

> > I built and installed the lsm kernel ontop of T3, but on boot
> > I get
> > Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
>
> This error cannot possibly be caused by the realtime LSM patch.
> Are you sure the config matches your running config otherwise?

Here is my diff
config
3,4c3,4
< # Linux kernel version: 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3
< # Sat Oct 23 21:30:53 2004
---
> # Linux kernel version: 2.6.9-rc3-mm3-VP-T3-lsm
> # Sat Oct 30 19:54:32 2004
2082c2082
< CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y
---
> # CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES is not set
2084a2085
> CONFIG_SECURITY_REALTIME=y

I patched the source by hand, as patch using the diff Lee provided at
http://lkml.org/lkml/diff/2004/10/8/243/1
complains of an incomplete patch

Could the disks filesystem have some security setting that the
kernel does not now have, post-patch?
e.g. SECURITY_REALTIME=1 in include/linux/sysctl.h?
Only a guess...

Thanks for the help! I hope this enables my jackd to run in
realtime without weird errors.
-thewade