[linux-audio-user] Interfacing a Sound Blaster Live

ed orphan millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Sun Oct 31 07:50:16 EST 2004

I've been connecting my Sound Blaster Live card
to an old Fostex X-26 Multirack tape deck. I don't
record to the tape deck, just use it as a small amplifier
and run the guitar signal through it and into the
sound card.
This means I have to use a Radio Shack Y adapter,
( 1/8 inch sterio plug to two phono plugs) to connect
the sound card to the tape deck.
This works but its awkward. I was wonder what
setups other people use to get a signal into their
sound card. Maybe I could improve on this, without
spending too much money. Are there any small, clean
signal amps out there that allow you shut off the speaker
and have an audio line-out?
  Any information would be welcome.