[linux-audio-user] a PC only for Piano with Keyboard Midi

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 05:02:46 EDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 08:03:18PM +0200, Tommy wrote:
> hi all,
> I've a keyboard midi "Roland PC-300" that work perfectly with GNU/Linux
> (and Demudi 1.2.0rc3)
>
> Now I want to use an old pc only for piano, let me explain.
>
> 1) I connect the keyboard PC-300 into pc (off)
> 2) I turn on the pc
> 3) automatically I play with my keyboard with my preferred instrument
> "the Piano" (or a synth like qsynth for selecting the instrument from
> the bank with midi selection of keyboardmidi)
> 4) ctrl-alt-canc for turn off the pc (I know in /etc/inittab how to do
> this :) )

One option might be to find a motherbaord which has working suspend to ram
support, so you can press a button on the front of the case and it will
wake up in a few seconds, and press it again and it will sleep.

I dont know if there /are/ any destop motherbaords with working suspend to
ram though :)

- Steve