[linux-audio-user] Delta 66/new mobo question

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu Sep 2 14:32:29 EDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:

> <SNIP>
>
>>    Well, obviously an 800MHz machine will at first glance seem
>> underpowered compared to all the newer stuff out there, but my
>> thought is that for just recording/playback you'll probably be fine
>> if you pay close attention to the rest of your hardware.
>

> I meant to include the comment that with an 800MHz machine you should
> not plan on using many, if any, plugins.

Ja, I kinda figured that... :(

I can get a good deal on something not-state-of-the-art that would still
be much faster than my current box, so it's still a consideration.
Thanks especially for your recommendation re: hard-disk, I'll follow up
on that too. Btw, is there support for that disk in the 2.4 kernel
series ? I'm not planning a kernel upgrade at this time and would rather
avoid it right now.

Best,

dp