[linux-audio-user] Delta 66/new mobo question

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Thu Sep 2 14:00:22 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:41:45PM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>  Many thanks to all who responded to my orginal query. I just purchased
> a brand new Delta 66 on eBay, for a very good price, with cables and
> breakout box included. I'm looking forward to finally having some more
> professional recording capability here.
>  I'm still undecided about the mobo. Is it possible for me to continue
> using an 800 MHz machine for recording ? I have 512 MB RAM, which seem
> like it should be plenty, and I have a fair amount of free drive space.
> Money's tight, so I'll stave off buying the mobo if my current system
> will do for small-scale multitracking. Any & all advice will of course
> be galactically appreciated !

Before I got my athlon box back in January I had my delta66 in a PII 400
system w/768M RAM and was able to do live recording/mixes with ecasound
playing 4 tracks from disk and recording a new track live. I wasn't doing
much effect processing, just panning and amplitude controlled by ecasound
control oscillators. If I remember correctly I was running jack at -p256
and -n2. Latency was almost noticeable, but bearable.

-Eric Rz.