[linux-audio-user] Multiple Cards

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 12:01:04 EDT 2004

Just a conceptual alsa question:

I've been reading about setting up multiple soundcards in
modules.conf/modprobe.conf, but most of the guides I've seen talk about
setting up two different cards -- what if you wanted to set up two
identical cards (like two delta 1010s, or two hdsp/multiface), will the
names of the cards (like snd-hdsp) be exactly the same, and will it thus
be difficult to set something like this up:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hdsp
alias sound-slot-0 snd-hdsp

alias snd-card-1 snd-hdsp
alias sound-slot-1 snd-hdsp

or will it number them somehow?  I haven't tried it at all, I'm just
wondering for future applications how this would work.

Thanks,

Matt