[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Aqualung, a new music player for GNU/Linux

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Fri Sep 3 17:58:12 EDT 2004

Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> In addition to all this, Aqualung comes with a Music Store that is an
> XML-based music database, capable of storing various metadata about
> music on your computer (including, but not limited to, the names of
> artists, and the titles of records and tracks). This is much more
> efficient than the all-in-one Winamp/XMMS playlist.

   does it allow to edit mp3 info (tags)? (something close to easytag in
nature, maybe not that comlex)

   I'm looking for some player with reasonable playlist management (i.e.
not playlist based like xmms:-) something like what freeamp does (I like
freeamp interface but it was too unstable every time I tried to use it
for a longer period).

	erik