[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Aqualung, a new music player for GNU/Linux

Edward Barrow edward at copyweb.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 04:33:20 EDT 2004

On Friday 3 September 2004 20:02, Tom Szilagyi wrote:

> Aqualung is a new music player for the GNU/Linux operating system.
> It plays audio files from your filesystem and has the feature of
> inserting _no_gaps_ between adjacent tracks.

I'm sure this is a cool program and I'll give it a try - but (and I hate to
admit it) the player I used to use when I was winslaved had a configurable
length of gap between tracks and could fade the next track in over the
fadeout of the previous one.  Mostly, this was quite good but I would really
have liked them to be beatlocked.

For listening to classical music, I would use a 2-second gap without fading
because a short pause between movements is desirable.

Edward Barrow