[linux-audio-user] jack/alsa connection state

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Sep 4 08:02:01 EDT 2004

Hi,

i'm looking for two simple shell scripts, but since my scripting
wizardry is [very] limited, i ask for help here.

1] this one uses jack_lsp and aconnect to find out the current
connection state and writes it into a file somewhat like this:

---snip
[jack]
SuperCollider:out_1  alsa_pcm:playback_1
SuperCollider:out_1  alsa_pcm:playback_2
SuperCollider:out_1  bridge-1183:meter_1
.
.
.
.
[alsa]
seq24:out0 SuperCollider:in0
.
.
.

2] The other one rebuilds the connection state from this file [first
disconnecting everythignm, then going through above file]

I know LASH is probably the way to go for this, but is it finished? is
it usable? So i ask if anyone has already hacked up such a script[s]
and/or has the wizardry to hack one up?

Btw: does anyone know why seq24 doesn't show up in the aconnect -io -l
output?

flo