[linux-audio-user] 8-channel system

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sun Sep 5 12:12:11 EDT 2004

Hello,

If you need line inputs/outputs: the RME multiface. You get 8 analog
inputs, 8 analog outputs, ADAT I/O, SPDIF, MIDI, wordclock and even ADAT
sync. The Linux drivers are written with support from RME so they are of
very high quality.

If you need mic inputs:, a cheaper soundcard with ADAT I/O (RME
hdsp9652?) and getting a 8 channel mic preamp with adat outputs.
Presonus Digimax LT, Focusrite OctoPre. For analog outputs you can get
an expansion board for the hdsp card. If you don't get as much money as
you hope, the Behringer ADA8000 gives you 8 mic preamps (adat in) and 8
analog outputs (adat out).

If you need both line inputs and mic preamps, you can combine these two

I can't comment on the speakers though.

  Sampo