[linux-audio-user] 8-channel system

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Sep 5 15:11:38 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 10:37, luis jure wrote:
> hello list,
>
> i might (with emphasis on the conditional) get some external funding for
> buying an 8-channel audio system for our school of music. i need some
> recommendations on:
>
> 1) the best audio card (with linux support, of course) we could get in the
> us$ 800-1200 price range.

	M-Audio Delta 1010.  Great Linux support.    24/96KHz, 8 balanced
analog I/Os, 2 digital (S/PDIF), hardware monitoring.  $600US from most
dealers - Musician's Friend, American Musical Supply, Sweetwater, etc.
I use an ST Audio DSP2000 C-Port which uses the same chipset, has the
same I/O capabilities but uses unbalanced lines.  It works great (it was
also about $150US cheaper).  The Hammerfall stuff is probably better but
by the time you get all the outboard gear you'll need to record with
them you'll probably have spent more than your budget.

Jan