[linux-audio-user] Re: hdparm

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 19:37:33 EDT 2004

->I'm getting fewer cutouts from the dvd drive (secondary master by
itself) when I play a cd, but I'm still getting a few now and then - is
there a way to optimize something here so I don't get them?<-

I should also mention that in my previous setup (SATA on primary master
by itself, system on secondary master, dvd on secondary slave), the DVD
drive is for some reason /dev/scd0 instead of a /dev/hd* ... is this
normal?  I can't boot linux from this channel (I'm dual booting, so grub
is on the SATA drive, and init is on the ide drive), as the kernel
panics because it can't find init.  Does this channel not default to
/dev/hdd?  Also very weird, is that I can hdparm /dev/hdd (the dvd) and
hdparm sees the drive there, but no other application will see the drive
there.  Anyone know what's going on?  Last time I buy an nforce mobo, I
tell ya whut.

Matt