[linux-audio-user] Pure Data Trigger Gang Bang 01

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Sep 7 04:41:18 EDT 2004

pdtgb01 announce v1.0
                              PURE DATA TRIGGER GANG BANG 01
                                          > call for patches

"I said a hip hop,
Hippie to the hippie,
The hip, hip a hop, and you don't stop, a rock it
To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie,
To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat."

Wonder Mike,
IRCAM Musical assistant, Free Software visionary and poet.

Bots, Ladies and Gentlemen,

For the very first time ever, a Pure-Data friendly demo
contest is organized. Everyone is encouraged to participate
by submiting original or previous works (as long as they
respect the rules of this event). No matter your level of
geekness or if you can spell the word art without mistakes.

WE WANT YOUR PATCH.

we don't give a fuck about 1st prize or winners, participate
and you work will be published on the website of goto10, a
non profit .fr organization dedicated to promote and support
digital art events.
Last but not least the received patches will be shown in a
permanent installation at graz during the pd_convention~04.

FORWARD THIS MAIL TO ANYONE (EVEN NOT INTERESTED)
SUBMIT YOUR WORK UNTIL THE 25th of SEPTEMBER.
READ THE RULES.
ASK FOR SUPPORT.
TEAM UP.
LEARN.

                                                       RULES
                                   > respect or burn in hell

- patch type : fully automated/scheduled/generative NO
	       INTERACTIVITY

- content    : audio AND video (choose your favourite weapon
               PDP/PiDiP,  Gem, Framestein, GridFlow). Note:
               After the joe.pd incident we now accept also
               patches proposing canvas animations and other
	       weirdo graphical issues :)

- size       : patch(es) + extra material must NOT exceed
               128kB UNCOMPRESSED !!! (Bytes not bits....)

- externals  : ONLY the ones from CVS

- application: anyone can apply, individual and teams AND
               several times !!!

- net        : the use of internet is tolerated as long as
               you don't use [shell] to download 300MB of
               porn files. (mmm? well let's say that one
               could use [shell]+some perl to grab stuff
               from google, but on the other hand it would
               be forbidden to use [shell]+wget to grab from
               your www/ftp all the material you needed for
               your patch that woud not fit in 128kB).

- CPU/GPU    : no real limitations, just consider that if
               your patch takes 100% of the CPU of your
               brand new box you just bought to play DoomIII
               then you should be aware that some people
               could have trouble to run your patch.

- OS         : use your own.

- theme/style: no theme or style, everything is most welcome
               from oldskool flexiscolls and soundchip
               trackers to pure noise pf-ish abstractions.

- deadline   : you can start to send your patch(es) the 1st
               of september until the 25th of september to
               gangbang at goto10.org, then all the patches will
               be published on the PD Trigger Gang Bang
               section of http://goto10.org the 27th.

- format     : you MUST provide the following informations/
               materials with your patch:
		- name of the pure piece
		- name of the pure author(s)
		- description (a few lines)
		- detailled version of pd and all the
                externals used.
		- Operating System and Hardware used for
		creating the patch
		- Operating System(s) and Hardware used to
		test the patch (optionnal)
		- mail/website
		- your favourite colour
		- a screenshot of the visual (jpg mid
		quality 384*288, crop, rescale we don't
                mind)

                                                     SUPPORT
                                       > pizzas not provided

any questions should be adressed to
gangbang at goto10.org

feel free to ask in the pd-list to create a team of pd
buddies.

don't forget to download the trigger gang bang Gemdemo flyer
on the goto10 website (http://goto10.org) or here

http://goto10.org/pdtgb01_gemflyer_0.1.zip
(requires pure-data 0.37+ (yes absolutely) and Gem 0.90+,
flyer developped on linux and tested on windows, macos users
are welcome to give feedback).

+++!!!