[linux-audio-user] RPMs for new Distro...Yoper Linux

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Sep 9 15:08:33 EDT 2004

Ok...so I KNOW you guys couldn't care less about yet ~another~ Linux
distro....And knowing how passionate one gets about this, I don't blame you!

But this is top the authors of some of our most treasured audio apps...

I have managed to build some RPM's for this new distro working with one of
their developers.  The only app they had that I could find was Audacity I
think.

So...I have helped them with:

Qjackctl
Jack-audio-connection-kit
Ardour  (with libsndfile, raptor, etc)

These are functional and working correctly IMO. Someone else built 'em and
sent them to me. I installed them and they worked.

I have just finished building:

swh-plugins (w/ fftw3)
JAMin
tap-plugins

They worked on my system. Waiting to find out if they do on the devs system.
If they do they will go into their "contrib" repository managed by apt.

I'm going to talk with the main key developer. If he expresses interest in the
area of pro quality audio and possibly catering to that area with modified
kernels and the whole works, I'll continue to help bring it along as best I
can.

www.yoper.com if your interested.

R~