[linux-audio-user] ???

noise floor object88 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 13:19:51 EDT 2004

--- Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:26:30 -0700, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> > Mind you, when I did drink...Stout all on its own was a bit
> "thick".  Used to
> > have what they call a portagaff. Equivalent of half stout and half
> seven up.
> > Back home it was Vic Bitter or Coopers Ale... but that was a long
> time ago.
>
> I'm more of an ale man myself, but stout is good too, "would you like
> slice of my beer while we wait for yours?". And for the person
> spreading
> viscious roumours earlier, beer in britain is typically served at
> *slightly under room temperature*! Hows that for progress.
>
> OT: I recently confirmed freqencuty told tale that guiness in ireland
> is
>     OK (normally I cant stand the stuff). It really is different,
> doesnt
>     taste of ash.

Last year, my wife and I made a trip to the UK-- several different
cities around Wales and southern England.  Beautiful fucking country.

Anyway, I'm not much into the beer, but I do like the whiskey, and I
had some nice samples for the first time there: Ardbeg and Laphroaig,
perhaps?  There was another that began with an "o" that I wish I could
remember-- I don't think it was Oban, but I can't find reference to it.
 I had some in a little pub, around Ciliau Aeron (on the A482, near
Aberaeron).  My lord that was a great vacation.