[linux-audio-user] ???

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Sep 10 17:01:41 EDT 2004

On Friday 10 Sep 2004 09:58, Steve Harris wrote:
> OT: I recently confirmed freqencuty told tale that guiness in
> ireland is OK (normally I cant stand the stuff). It really is
> different, doesnt taste of ash.

Oh bah, I argued about this with you once before and I'd argue about
it again.  (At length, over a pint.)  There's no magic Irish recipe
thing going on, it's just travelled less far and been treated better.
You _can_ get an almost identical pint in London (made in England) to
the one you get in Dublin (made in Ireland)... it's just that most of
the time you don't.

Worst Guinness I've ever had was probably in Canberra.  Though frankly
I was grateful to find a pub at all.

Anyway, while we're on the subject: Linux World Expo 2004 (Weds-Thurs
6-7 October, London Olympia, http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.uk/) -- I'm
not attending this time, but I could probably face a beer at a
coincident time and place.  Anyone?

Chris