[linux-audio-user] Line in to output

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sat Sep 11 15:46:37 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am using the ICH5 built-in sound subsystem (on an Asus MB with an i865
chipset), with ALSA drivers that are in the 2.6.8.1 kernel.

It works fine on both capturing line input (other than the rate being
fixed at 48k) and playing output (on line out and on SPDIF; I wonder if
its SPDIF is 48k too, but at least my receiver handles it just as well
as CD player output).

But, I can't find a way to make the sound from line input appear on any
output (line or spdif). And I'd like to have it there, to monitor what I
am recording.

Is there a way to do this?

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik