[linux-audio-user] OT: Screen capture application...

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Sep 11 19:14:18 EDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 12:56:11AM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Russell Hanaghan hat gesagt: // Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>
> > Off topic but for audio...
> >
> > As I write this how to, it would be handy to be able to paste pics of
> > say...Qjackctl setup screen into a html page.
> >
> > Any ideas what I can use instead of having to do an entire screen capture?
>
> $ man import
> $ import -window root /tmp/rootgrab.png

If you don't specify a window, you can grab only a single window
which can help cut down on the amount of editing if htat's what you
want.

I once had to do a bazillion screen shots for a tutorial I was writing,
and they had to fit within a certain max size.
A tiny bit of shell scripting w/ import and convert and
the process went MUCH faster.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com