[linux-audio-user] Converting sample rate: failed...

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Sep 12 05:46:57 EDT 2004

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> > interpolators) makes the sound *much* worse, the voice is distorted and
> > becomes "ringing".
>
> So, does your sound card actually support 44.1kHz audio out?
> If not, ALSA may be doing a sample rate conversion from 44.1
> back to 48kHz and it might be that conversion which is making
> a mess of things. I know there have been some bugs in the
> ALSA sample rate converter recently.

Thanks - this might be the problem. I will check by playing the files
under Windows, and on another PC which likely does not have the 48k
resampling. Unfortunately I do not have a working CD player now.

BTW, does *your* card support 44.1k output, and perhaps even input? If
yes, what is that card? I'm now interested in getting one that supports
this stuff.