[linux-audio-user] building fst fails at make install step

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Fri Sep 17 11:37:14 EDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:

> Don't worry about it too much I'll first try to implement Luke's
> instructions for fixing this or I'll drop back to fst_1.5.

I've updated the tutorial and sent it to Patrick. Hopefully the
corrected version will be on-line asap.

> Yesterday was no worse than others. The instructions were actually
> VERY helpful. My only input was on the fixheaders step change the
> instructions to
>
> cd vst
> ../fixheaders
> cd ..
>
> and that will be taken care of. This step was documented in some other
> readme file somewhere.

I've always run fixheaders from the top-level directory by using
'./fixheaders' but the tutorial didn't make that clear. However, I've
followed your practice and indicated that the user should cd to the
fst-x.x/vst directory and run '../fixheaders'. That should resolve that
difficulty. Btw, I've not had to do anything more to those files, so I'm
not sure what further fixes Luke has in mind.

I've also added a note about the missing mkinstalldirs and how to link
or copy it.

Best,

dp